We bring stories to life…
What’s your story? Are you a digital visionary, a stand out financial controller, the best creative designer, a passionate journalist or maybe something fifth or sixth? Either way – if you want to be part of one of the leading media groups, here is what you may expect:
- Development: We will welcome you, inspire you and challenge you! We believe the best ideas are born when we have the freedom to think innovatively, when we constantly adapt to the changing conditions of the media market, and when we have the right tools and education. Every year Egmont offers Master Classes hosted by a number of leading consulting firms and media agencies. You may also have the opportunity to move between different areas of our business – or maybe even work for Egmont in one of the 29 other countries we are located in.
- Strong leadership: To us a strong leader doesn’t tell you how to work – at Egmont you will be asked to run a project, solve a problem and develop our business the way you think it should be done. At Egmont we have high expectations to our leaders, and we regularly measure and develop the quality of their leadership. Our leaders love to be challenged – and to give you a pat on the back for a job well done.
- Human touch: Luckily, we all have other values in our lives than our job – but we don’t believe in a “one-size fits all” work-life balance. The best balance is different to each of us because we all have different priorities and different lives. At Egmont there is room for many types of balances.
- More than a business: Since 1878 we have brought stories to life and have made an impact on millions of people through books, magazines, movies, TV, school learning programmes, etc. But Egmont is not just a leading media group in the Nordic countries – we are a commercial foundation. Every year we donate some of our profit to help improve the lives of children and young people – in 2015 over EUR 10 million. Since 1920 Egmont has donated approx. EUR 350 million to children and young people.
- Innovative business: At Egmont you will get to work in a media group with focus on the future: We have a large digital business that we constantly expand and develop – both through acquisitions and through our innovation units, working every day to create the media solutions of the future.
- We hope you will join us! And help us bring stories to life…
General Leadership Training is Egmont’s mandatory leader training programme for managers with staff responsibility. The programme aims at ensuring the general management quality at Egmont, including development of the managers’ abilities to set clear goals, motivate employees and teams, delegate tasks and responsibility, carry through difficult conversations, coaching and implementation of change processes. The programme has been running since 2009 and among other initiatives, it has helped improve leadership quality in Egmont significantly.
Furthermore, Egmont arranges regular courses such as project management, management communication and presentation technique. In 2014 and 2015 we have also introduced the Egmont Master Class. Egmont Master Class is carried out in collaboration with leading consultancy firms, media agencies and hand-picked key note speakers and focuses on subjects like innovation, business development, business models, change management and social and digital media. The purpose of Egmont Master Class is to offer Egmont’s employees the possibility of being inspired, trained and educated by teachers and key note speakers from both at home and abroad.
Click play below to watch a video about Egmont's General Leadership Training and Egmont Master Class.
People Survey is Egmont’s annual employee survey, measuring employee satisfaction in many areas. The employees evaluate areas such as senior management, immediate manager and daily work as well as professional and personal development.
The result of the People Survey 2015 showed that Egmont has a very high proportion of satisfied, motivated and committed employees. At the same time the employees are very satisfied with their work content and with the leadership qualifications of their immediate manager. Generally the employees have rated Egmont considerably higher than external benchmarks – and we are proud to know that we have so many good workplaces with really good managers and exciting jobs.