We bring stories to life
You're probably familiar with our slogan: We bring stories to life.
Egmont is a leading media group in the Nordic region with activities in 30 countries and 6,200 employees, producing high-quality content and digital innovation. We are responsible for Nordisk Film and TV 2 in Norway, book publishing and Egmont Publishing, and are part owners of other joint venture businesses. We publish over 700 magazine titles, broadcast 154 hours of TV each day, publish 2,200 new books every year, release one film a week, sell PlayStation – and more. Egmont is a commercial foundation which generated revenue amounting to EUR 1.6 billion in 2015. We donate over EUR 13 million a year to help improve the lives of children and young people.
Our broad business spectrum is driven by our ambition to provide high-quality content and generate digital innovation:
- Egmont owns TV 2 Norway, the country's largest commercial multimedia group. We provide news, sport and entertainment on eight channels for all platforms.
- Egmont is the largest Nordic film producer. Through Nordisk Film and the co-owned company Zentropa, we produce, distribute and market films and TV series in the Nordic countries and run cinemas in Denmark and Norway.
- Through the Egmont Publishing company, Egmont is a leading magazine publisher in the Nordics and has market-leading positions in a number of other markets. We publish more than 700 monthly and weekly magazines around the world.
- The Egmont book publisher Lindhardt og Ringhof is Denmark's second-largest publishing company with imprints including in the form of children's publisher Carlsen and educational publisher Alinea and Akademisk Forlag, Alfabeta, Easy Readers, L&R Business and L&R Uddannelse. We publish fiction, non-fiction, children's books, audiobooks, e-books and educational materials, digitally and in print.
- Egmont's educational publisher Alinea is Denmark's leading publisher of educational resources for primary and lower secondary schools. Cappelen Damm, Norway's largest publisher and partly owned by Egmont, produces educational materials for all ages – from pre-school to higher education.
- Egmont is the largest distributor of PlayStation consoles and games in the Nordics and the Baltic states.
- Each Egmont division has an innovation unit that works daily to develop media solutions for the future. You always have the best content on hand – whatever your screen type.
Egmont consists of four divisions: Egmont Publishing, Egmont Books, Egmont Nordisk Film and TV 2 in Norway. Read more about our organisation.